Slope is a fast-growing InsurTech startup focused on providing technology solutions to make actuarial modeling more efficient and more accessible. Our software is used by insurance companies to perform the complex process of projecting cash flows for long duration contracts such as life insurance, annuities, pensions, and others.
Our software engineers solve challenging problems that include areas of focus such as complex web architecture, intricate front-end work, and high-performance distributed cloud computing. We highly value collaborative design sessions, peer code reviews and architecture discussions, and encourage constant improvement by allocating a portion of each sprint to refactoring and tech debt.
If this sounds interesting, we’d love to talk with you!
ABOUT THE JOB
Slope Software is seeking a software developer with some familiarity in .NET, web technologies, C#, and AWS cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a background in SaaS software development and a proven track record of delivering results while collaborating with teammates.
Some of the responsibilities for this role will be the following:
- Develop new features, modifying existing features, and perform bug fixes
- Work with other engineers in an Agile environment and participate in all aspects of the development process
- Perform peer code reviews
- Collaborate with the development team on architecture design decisions
- Collaborate with the rest of the product development team, including Product and QA, in order to deliver the best product possible
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of development experience
- Some experience with ASP.NET Framework, Core, .NET 6+, MVC, and/or related technologies
- Strong C# development skills
- Some SQL skills using standard technologies such as PostgreSQL (Snowflake is a plus)
- Experience with React is a plus
- Experience with object-relational mapping frameworks such as EntityFramework and Dapper is a plus
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks preferred
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically
- Excellent communication skills and the ability/desire to work on a collaborative team
- Competitive Salary
- Equity package/Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Health Insurance (employee portion covered 100%)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off policy (2 week minimum)
- Casual dress code
- Fun, collaborative startup work environment
- Atlanta office provides daily breakfast, snacks, and Thursday happy hours
- Flexible remote work up to and including full remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.