Slope is a fast-growing InsurTech startup focused on providing technology solutions to make actuarial modeling more efficient and more accessible. Our software is used by insurance companies to perform the complex process of projecting cash flows for long duration contracts such as life insurance, annuities, pensions, and others.
If this sounds interesting, we’d love to talk with you!
ABOUT THE JOB
Slope Software is seeking a senior-level actuary to lead the actuarial operations for the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in actuarial model design and development and a proven track record of delivering results while collaborating with teammates.
Title and Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This role will directly lead and manage all actuarial aspects of the business including:
- Develop or lead the development of new functionality and improvements for the SLOPE modeling platform actuarial libraries
- Collaborate with leadership and the actuarial team to prioritize new functionality and manage those actuarial projects to successful completion
- Develop or lead the development of new standard reports and visualizations for standard actuarial processes
- Collaborate with the product development team to prioritize supporting functionality for actuarial projects
- Participate in customer demos as a system expert demonstrating the capabilities of the SLOPE platform to prospects
- Support existing customers by advising on best practices for the use of the platform
- Assist in onboarding of new customers
- Work with the team to design and manage the onboarding and support process for new clients
- Take an active role in contributing to operational planning, strategic planning, new initiatives, and deal planning meetings
- FSA with 10+ years or ASA with 15+ years of relevant actuarial experience
- Hands-on experience working with one or more actuarial modeling platforms
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Able to clearly communicate the expected benefits and values of the software, as well as to respond to objections from prospective customers in a sales setting
- Able to manage multiple resources and work assignments while meeting time commitments
- Must have an entrepreneurial attitude and be able to create processes and analyses from scratch
- Able to foster a teamwork and customer service focused environment
The ideal candidate will have experience/knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- US Statutory reporting and calculation requirements for Life, Annuity, Health, and/or Property & Casualty products
- US GAAP reporting and calculation requirements for insurance products
- Solvency II reporting and calculation requirements
- IFRS reporting and calculation requirements for insurance products
- Asset Modeling, ALM, and/or Cash Flow Testing
- Actuarial Model Design concepts
- Implementation of model efficiency methods including model point and scenario reduction techniques
- Competitive Salary
- Equity package/Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (employee portion covered 100%)
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off policy (2 week minimum)
- Casual dress code
- Fun, collaborative startup work environment
- Atlanta office provides daily breakfast, snacks, and Thursday happy hours
- Flexible remote work up to and including full remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.